Environmental Education – small actions with big impacts
February 03/02/2020 – 07/02/2020;
April 06/04/2020 – 10/04/2020;
May 04/05/2020 – 08/05/2020;
June 01/06/2020 – 05/06/2020;
July 29/06/2020 – 03/07/2020;
August 24/08/2020 – 28/08/2020;
September 07/09/2020 – 11/09/2020;
October 19/10/2020 – 23/10/2020;
November 16/11/2020 – 20/11/2020;
December 30/11/2020 – 04/12/2020;
January (25/01/2021 – 29/01/2021); February (08/02/2021 – 12/02/2021); March (08/03/2021 – 12/03/2021); April (05/04/2021 – 09/04/2021); May (03/05/2021 – 07/05/2021); June 31/05/2021 – 04/06/2021; July 28/06/2021 – 02/07/2021.
Contact us and we’ll design a course just for your group.
Teachers and other adults from educational organisations involved in formal, non-formal and informal learning.
There is no planet B, so we have to take care of our planet earth and preserve it for future generations. As the United Nations stated by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development goals, environmental aspects are one of the top priorities to act on our planet. There is an urgent need to focus on combating climate change, to adopt sustainable production/consumption and management of natural resource (United Nations, 2015).
In the environmental crisis we are currently facing, it has become a priority to educate and make people aware of the necessity to change through environmental personal, educational, and community practices. As mentioned in several legal diplomas around the world, we want to promote students as active and responsible citizens with environmental awareness, allowing them to identify environmental issues and act constructively and sustainably, becoming the changemakers for a more environmentally friendly society. We truly consider that teachers play a vital role as facilitating agents educating younger generations, and it is fundamental that they have the suitable training to inspire the change that our world needs, now more than ever!
Awaken teachers’ environmental awareness so that they can act as facilitating agents for students, inspiring the participation of the educational community in solving environmental problems;
Provide teachers with knowledge in the field of environmental education to sustainable development:
- Concepts of environmental sustainability;
- Evidence-based information and statistics about environmental problems;
- Importance of the efficient use of natural and manufactured resources, and minimization of pollution and waste production;
- The impact of every action on the environment;
- Two types of economy: linear and circular economy and comprehension of the life cycle of consumer goods;
- The 6 R’s of the environment (Rethink, Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot) as a tool to simplify environmental education.
Promote the research, sharing, and application of creative strategies in an educational context that promote environmental sustainability:
- Educational tools and resources, including evidence-based information, statistics, videos, and practical exercises in the field of environmental education that teachers can adapt to their context;
- Creation of environmental education activities and their use in educational context inside and outside the classroom;
- Reflection in large groups and subgroups, according to their subject areas and educational levels, on the best strategies for children and young people to experience and acquire environmental awareness skills.
Lead the path from environmental awareness to action
- Empower teachers to carry out “hands-on” upcycling (creative reuse) low-budget activities. These activities using recycled materials will act as a starting point for ongoing work to raise awareness in children and young people about environmental issues;
- Real examples on how to change consumption patterns and reduce waste production;
Instead of a fear-based discourse, we consider that a solution-based approach is much more successful. Considering this, the participants will experience an action-oriented and practical activities based course, with clear solutions to implement and “hands-on” activities. Throughout this course, participants will be able to learn firsthand experiencing different places in Lisbon developing environmental projects. They will be able to share their experiences and discuss how to approach this problem with their students. We believe that small actions can have a big impact and that every effort counts. Therefore, our motto is that the world needs millions of imperfect environmentalists, fighting for our planet with small (but big) everyday actions. Are you ready to join us and be the change our planet needs?
A certificate of attendance is presented to participants at the end of the course.
5 days (extendable to 7 days)
5-day Course = 350 Euros
7-day Course = 490 Euros
Accommodation and meals are not included
You can request an Erasmus+ grant from your National Agency
Lisbon – Portugal
For more information contact us 🙂